Hey y’all! Thanks for stopping by!
A little about me… I’m Lauren. I’m a 29 year old gal living in the heart of the Midwest. My hubby and I recently built our first house together. We’re working to infuse some love and character into our new home through DIY projects and farmhouse design.
I decided to start this blog, because many of our friends and family told me they loved seeing the photos I was posting on social media throughout the process of our home build. So I thought hey… maybe others would too! Now I’ve discovered a whole community of Fixer Upper obsessed, rustic design lovers. I love seeing simple spaces beautifully transformed. It serves as inspiration in my own home, and I only hope to do the same for someone else.
For my full-time gig, I serve as the Director, Marketing & Communications for a local Chamber of Commerce. I’ve always been passionate about small business, and I’m fortunate to serve an amazing business community.
My husband and I got married in August of 2015. I can hardly believe it’s already been two whole years. At that time, we were living the big city life in Chicago. My how our lives have changed since that time! We went from living it up on the weekends to Lowes-ing it up every weekend. (haha.) But I honestly wouldn’t change it for a minute… this new adventure as first time home owners has been such a fun challenge for us.
A Few Fun Things About Me…
- Family is everything to me! One of the main reasons we moved out of the city was so that we could be closer to our loved ones.
- I LOVE animals. Dogs, cats, bunnies, pigs, cows… any animal really! But dogs really hold a very special place in my heart. We have a 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier, Nilla. (Yes, Nilla like Vanilla because she’s all white.) She’s super spunky and sassy, but so much fun. I can’t imagine life without her.
- I’m a singer… not a good one. But I sing. A LOT.
- During football season, you’ll find me at almost every Northern Illinois University (NIU) football game. I consider myself a professional tailgater.
- I like to end the day by relaxing in my favorite spot in our home, my bath tub.
- My Rae Dunn collection is a little out of control. The hubby has officially banned any more mugs coming into The Holtz House.
- If I had to survive on one food item for the rest of my life it would definitely be chips and guac.