When I heard about Chip and Joanna’s new Target line, Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia, it was with mixed feelings. I was absolutely stoked, because I’m completely obsessed with Target, Magnolia Market and of course, Fixer Upper. So what is there not to love? Well… for me, I was devastated to find out that the official launch of the line in stores and online is November 5, 2017. Unfortunately for me, I will be out of the country on vacation for that whole week. NOOOOO!!!
Thankfully, I have an amazing mama that loves a good hunt, and she’ll be standing in as my designated shopper. (She’s the one who deserves all the credit for helping me to build my entire Rae Dunn collection.) So I’ve scoured Target’s website and reviewed the whole Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia line so that I could narrow it down to my must-have items. This will be the wish list I’ll be providing to my mom to hit up our local Target store bright and early on Sunday, November 5.
Here’s everything you need from Chip and Jo’s New Target Line…
Artificial Lamb Ear and White Berry Wreath
Vase with Flower Frogger
With the chilly weather making an appearance this week, it’s beginning to feel a lot like FALL! I’ve been craving all things fall in my home from pumpkin decor, flannel blankets and yummy apple-scented candles. I just want my house to feel as warm and cozy as possible. One of my decor staples in our living room that makes the space feel extra comfy and welcoming has to be our area rug. If you’re on the hunt for a new rug, search no more! I’m sharing with you the 6 best farmhouse rugs on a budget.
1. allen + roth Briarwick Gray Rectangular Indoor Woven Rug from Lowe’s – Starting off the list with my official pick of the bunch (See my living room photo above). This rug is such a great steal for the price. It’s super soft, and very much on the plush side. It also comes in a number of different colors. I can tell you from my own personal experience that it doesn’t shed at all, and it vacuums really well. I will tell you that the cream color does have some flecks of light yellow string. But don’t let this freak you out… I actually love it because number one, it hides dirt. And number two, it creates a warm, creamy tone in the rug.
2. nuLOOM Geometric Moroccan Bead Pattern Grey/ White Rug from Overstock – I’m obsessed with the pattern on this rug. I feel like it’s so different than anything I’ve seen before yet versatile enough to work in almost any space. My friend recently purchased this rug for her bedroom, and it’s just as gorg in person. I will say that the rug isn’t a true white, definitely more of a cream color. Also, it’s slightly on the thin side so it might be worth investing in a rug pad for this one.
Have you been on a desperate search to find the perfect industrial shelving unit to fit your space? I’ve got you… search no longer! With this quick and easy tutorial, you can build the perfect DIY pipe shelves.
It takes a little time, patience, some elbow grease and the supplies below…
- Power drill
- Stud finder
- Two (per shelf) 3/4 in. diameter black iron floor flange fitting
- Two (per shelf) 3/4 in. diameter black iron cap fitting
- Two (per shelf) 3/4 in. 10 in. black pipe nipple
- Wooden Plank (one per shelf)
- #6 Drywall Screws, 2 in. in black
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
Lately I’ve been seeing tobacco baskets popping up all over the place. They can be a great way to incorporate farmhouse flair into your home. Even if the farmhouse trend isn’t your thing, it can serve as a way to incorporate natural wood elements into your interior design.
If you’re looking to purchase the real thing from an antique store, it’s going to set you back a couple hundred dollars. Maybe you can snag one at a barn sale or a flea market for less. But lucky for those of us on a budget, you can find replica tobacco baskets from Hobby Lobby, Amazon and Decor Steals from time to time.
Once you get your hands on one… how do you decorate with a tobacco basket? Here are 5 simple ways you can style a tobacco basket within your home.
- Hang on a wall.
I’d say this is the most popular way I’ve seen tobacco baskets used. You can hang on a wall just the basket itself to keep it simple. Or you can attach some faux florals or include multiple baskets to display as a form of wall art.
2. Use as a tray.
Looking for the perfect focal piece for your coffee table? Why not use a tobacco basket as a tray to hold a few decorative items like books, candles and flowers. You can even make it more practical by adding in your TV remote or pretty coasters.
Okay… the arrival of Summer is officially here… I know it’s not Memorial Day quite yet. But, the temperature hit 89 degrees in Illinois today. For us, that’s kind of a big deal!
So in celebration, I thought let’s talk summer style. Lately, I feel myself obsessing over beautiful, farmhouse wreaths. I’ve picked out my top 7 for the summer featuring some bold pops of color plus a few neutral staples.
My mother-in-law is the queen of garage sales. She’s a woman of many talents, but her garage sale skills are top notch. She once bought a high top wooden kitchen table with four chairs for $5. After four years, we still have it in our house. That’s skill!
One of my favorite finds that she brought home last summer was a coffee table/end table set that she got for $30. The set is great quality, super sturdy and heavy with black iron piping on the bottom shelf.
When transforming a piece of furniture, I think it’s so important to start with a quality piece in order to transform it into a quality piece.
Fixing this baby up was super simple… if you’re willing to dedicate the time, anyone can do it. Here we go:
- Scotch Blue Painter’s Tape
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint – pure white
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint – old white
- Annie Sloan Soft Wax – clear
- Various sizes of paint brushes
- Clean rag or shop towel