With the chilly weather making an appearance this week, it’s beginning to feel a lot like FALL! I’ve been craving all things fall in my home from pumpkin decor, flannel blankets and yummy apple-scented candles. I just want my house to feel as warm and cozy as possible. One of my decor staples in our living room that makes the space feel extra comfy and welcoming has to be our area rug. If you’re on the hunt for a new rug, search no more! I’m sharing with you the 6 best farmhouse rugs on a budget.
1. allen + roth Briarwick Gray Rectangular Indoor Woven Rug from Lowe’s – Starting off the list with my official pick of the bunch (See my living room photo above). This rug is such a great steal for the price. It’s super soft, and very much on the plush side. It also comes in a number of different colors. I can tell you from my own personal experience that it doesn’t shed at all, and it vacuums really well. I will tell you that the cream color does have some flecks of light yellow string. But don’t let this freak you out… I actually love it because number one, it hides dirt. And number two, it creates a warm, creamy tone in the rug.
2. nuLOOM Geometric Moroccan Bead Pattern Grey/ White Rug from Overstock – I’m obsessed with the pattern on this rug. I feel like it’s so different than anything I’ve seen before yet versatile enough to work in almost any space. My friend recently purchased this rug for her bedroom, and it’s just as gorg in person. I will say that the rug isn’t a true white, definitely more of a cream color. Also, it’s slightly on the thin side so it might be worth investing in a rug pad for this one.
3. Safavieh Natural Fiber Collection Hand Woven Natural Jute Area Rug from Amazon – If you’re into the boho farmhouse look, this could be a perfect option for you. This timeless look really won’t ever go out of style, and it could work in almost any room of your home. In my research, I did notice that a number of reviews mentioned that it did have a tendency to shed a bit.
4. Safavieh Handmade Moroccan Cambridge Navy Blue Wool Rug from Overstock – Lately I’ve been obsessing over navy blue! I swear… pillows, blankets, rugs. Give me all the navy! Isn’t this rug just to die for? Kind of edgy, yet simplistic. I feel like it’s the perfect statement piece without being too much of a statement. Does that even make sense?
5. Vintage Distressed Rug from Target – If your style is more vintage/rustic, you may want to opt for this option. It gives you the feeling of being worn-in with history without actually being old and with a steep price tag. This rug comes in five different color options to suit everyone’s taste.
6. Flatweave Ikat Stripe Area Rug – Safavieh® from Target – Want to incorporate a POP of color in your rug? This flatweave, striped option comes in blue, purple, orange or even plain jane, gray. I could see this one in a sunroom or even a screened in porch.
As you know, it can be a pretty pricey purchase so I wanted to bring you the best farmhouse rugs on a budget that I could find. All the rugs featured here are under $300 for at least 8 x 10′ in size. Which one is your favorite on the list? I hope you enjoyed this post.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.